Frequently Asked Questions
What should I bring to class?
- Proof of vaccinations**. We require Rabies, Distemper/Parvo and Bordetella. Puppies should be up-to-date for their age and have at least the first set of vaccinations. Older dogs should have all vaccinations*.
- A hungry dog. Don’t starve her, but don’t give her a substantial meal prior to the session.
- Treats – small, pea-sized, soft, chewy treats*. You will need a full baggy.
- A 4’ or 6’ leather or nylon leash. No Flexi-leads or Retractable leashes.
- A regular buckle collar or martingale style collar*. A harness or head collar can also be used in class.
- A fun toy to get the dog’s attention and/or chew toy to entertain her while you listen to the instructor.
- Each time you come to class, please find a spot to sit and calmly massage your dog. Please do this instead of having your dog meet, greet and play with other dogs. The idea is to teach your dog to pay attention to you and learn how to relax in the presence of other dogs.
*Action Pack Dog Center has a variety of training treats available, as well as appropriate leashes and collars.
Can additional family members attend class or private lessons?
Absolutely. We believe that training should be a hobby for the whole family. This helps your dog learn much faster and it also creates a strong relationship with everyone. For a given activity, it is best to have one person train the dog for that session. For example: one person works on sit, the other person works on down, etc. Any child under the age of 16, must have an adult with them at all times.
Do you give multiple dog discounts if same family dogs attend class?
In group training classes, the dog is the student, so each dog must register and pay the full amount for their spot in class.
We require that all dogs are current on the following vaccinations*: Rabies, Distemper/Parvo and Bordetella. Puppies need to have their first set of Distemper/Parvo boosters prior to the start date of any training program.
**We accept a titer test conducted by your veterinarian, in lieu of vaccinations. A letter of explanation from your veterinarian will be required if there is a medical reason for not having the appropriate vaccinations. Vaccination records can be faxed prior to the start date of class to 512-341-9461.
Evaluations and Private Lessons: First time appointments require a $60 deposit
Group Classes: We require payment in full to reserve your spot in class
We accept cash, check, MC or Visa
Evaluations and Private Lessons:
24 hour cancellation policy. A 20% fee will be processed for less than 24 hour notice.
Please be sure you can attend all scheduled classes. There will be no refunds or credits given once the class starts.
Full refund if you cancel BEFORE the class start date
Full refund if WE cancel or POSTPONE a scheduled class
Make-up classes are available for $25/class