FAQs and Policies
What should I bring to class?
- Proof of vaccinations (rabies, distemper/parvo, and Bordetella). Puppies should be up-to-date for their age and have at least the first set of vaccinations. Older dogs should have all vaccinations.
- A hungry dog. Don’t starve them, but don’t give them a substantial meal prior to the session.
- Treats- small, pea-sized, soft, chewy treats. You’ll need a full baggy.
- A 4’ or 6’ leather or nylon leash. No flexi-leads or retractable leashes, please.
- A regular buckle collar or martingale style collar. A harness or head collar can also be used in class.
- A fun toy to get your dog’s attention, or a chew toy to entertain them while you listen to the instructor.
- Action Pack Dog Center has a variety of training treats available for purchase, as well as appropriate leashes and collars.
Call Today For Your Dog Training Needs
Can additional family members attend class or private lessons?
Absolutely. We believe that training should be a hobby for the whole family. This helps your dog learn much faster and it also creates a strong relationship with everyone. For a given activity, it is best to have one person train the dog for that session. For example: one person works on sit, the other person works on down, etc. Any child under the age of 16, must have an adult with them at all times.